Why do we celebrate Christmas?
Every year for Christmas the neighbors directly across the street go all out with decorating their house. This picture does not do it justice. The entire house is decked out with tons of lights and about 20 huge blowup things, with three of them on the roof. So when we go out the front door every night this is what we see. The kids do love it!
Last year Jesse said he wanted to get a nativity scene for our front yard and just have that out, but we never found one that we thought was appropriate enough. Everybody elses yards looked like Disneyland with all the hulabaloo and he wanted something that brought back the true reason why we celebrate Christmas. So, this year we put our normal icicle lights up on the house and that was going to be it. We had seen a nativity scene at Lowes that we liked but it was kind of pricey and was really big to have to store afterwards. A few weeks went by and I went to Lowes to get an extension cord, and when I walked in the doors I noticed that all the Christmas stuff was 50% off !!! The nativity that we had been eyeing was still there. So, we decided it would be a good idea to buy it, and I think we were meant to have it because not only was it 50% off, the last one they had was the one on display and we got it. Don't get me wrong I do love all the lights and funstuff but sometimes we need to stop and remember Christ and His birth and that because of Him we will be resurrected and can return to live with Heavenly Father and our families forever. I feel so much peace and comfort in knowing that if I keep the commandments I can return to live with Him someday and have an eternal family.
The Neighbors
Our Nativity
(it is big, compare it to the roof,
they are all life size manequins)

This is what I found perched on the Christmas tree branch the other day. Mady was playing with her doll and thought it would be a nice decoration to add to the tree.

The kids in their Christmas jammies. Every year as a tradition they get a new pair of Christmas jammies. So cute!!

No comments:
Post a Comment