Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day- Camping

Over Labor day weekend we went camping as a family for the first time. Larry, Ginger, Andrew, Brendan, Breanna and Sparky the dog all came along. We went to a spot about an hour north of us by a place called Mormon Grove. It was the best camping spot ever, about 20 miles in the mountains. We slept in the back of Jesse's big truck, and cooked all our food over the fire. It was very relaxing and suprisingly not hot.








Mady and Uncle Larry sitin' by the fire.








Chillin out around the fire, roasting marshmallows.







Uncle Brendan found a horny toad down by the creek that the boys were playing in. He stuck it to Mady's shirt and she just stood there and wouldn't move until somebody got it off. The boys also caught about 30 crawdads and took them home to feed to Brendan's fish.

3 comments:

kendra said...

"9 years of wedded bliss" is that what you or Jesse said?! OK, you and Dani need to be a little bit more, "not so fake", on your blogs. lol!!!!

tannerin said...

Your kids are huge and so cute! Hope your all doing well.

Cara said...

Hi Nikki! I am so glad you found my blog. I has been forever since we talked last. I saw Catherine at our reunion & asked her how you were. I don't remember what she said, but I think she thought I was talking about someone else. Anyways, Your kids are adorable I'm so excited we can keep in touch now.